Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3.18
The Congregational Care Ministry is led by a team of deacons, and exists “to be the hands and feet of Jesus by loving others through caring service as we meet the physical needs of our church family.”
In light of Jesus’s example and command to serve others, the Congregational Care Ministry (CCM) has been developed to manage the physical care needs of people at Crossing. Their function is to organize and facilitate this service ministry within our congregation. These needs include the following, where appropriate:
- Meals in time of need
- Family—emergency childcare, births, deaths, etc.
- Transportation to doctor appointments, church, etc.
- Light housekeeping
- Minor home repairs—volunteers available
- Minor car repairs—volunteers available
- Legal advice—resources available
- Hospital and home visitation